Onion pakoda recipe video in Hindi. Learn how to make crispy street style onion pakora. Kanda bhaji is a famous street food.Onion pakodas are usually served with spicy green chutney and fried green chillies. And if there is a cup of tea with it , it’s a deadly combo.In this post we will learn how to make crispy onion pakora with some quick tips and tricks. With the same trick you can make any pakora crisp.
Typically when we make pakoras we make besan or gram flour batter first. But in this onion pakoda recipe I have used dry besan and added it to onions. By doing this besan will adsorb extra water released by onions and pakoras will become very very crisp.Since this is the easiest onion pakora recipe, hence also made with very basic ingredients. I have used gram flour or besan, some spices and oil for frying. If you have surprise guests at home. You can make onion pakodas in just 10 minutes. Since pakoras are my family favorite, you can find some delicious pakora recipes on my blog.
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 3 Onion medium size
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Slice onions very thin.Add salt and squeeze onions well with you hands.
- This will release water.Add 2-3 table spoon of gram flour or besan at at time and mix it well in onions.
- To bind the onions use only 2-3 table spoons of water.Add only required amount of besan.
- Onions should be partially coated with besan.Mix onion gram flour mixture well as shown in video.Fry onion pakora in hot oil.