Aloo matar recipe video in Hindi. Dhaba style aloo matar is a famous North Indian dish made with very basic ingredients. I have made this aloo matar ki sabzi in pressure cooker. Dhaba style recipes are packed with of flavors and spices. It tastes little long time to cook them. But this aloo matar recipe can be made in 10 minutes and it tastes just like dhaba vale alu mutter. Morning time is very busy for all of us. We need to cook something cook and delicious. This aloo matar can be eaten with both chapati , paratha and rice. Since we are making this yummy aloo matar ki sabzi in pressure cooker it can be done in just 10 minutes. In making this sabzi we don’t have to chop anything fine. Everything is roughly chopped. In fact, if you see aloo matar video recipe in Hindi you can see that I have used whole garlic pieces while making gravy. Process of making aloo matar recipe is very easy. Just add onion, whole garlic, ginger, zeera and bay leaf in oil. Saute for minute and add turmeric powder, roughly chopped tomatoes and salt. Mix them add little water and take 4-5 whistles. Now open the cooker. Saute the masala till it looses oil add more spices, chopped potatoes, shelled peas, water and take 2 whistles. Open and boil aloo matar curry and in some chopped coriander leaves, few green chillies. And Aloo matar gravy is ready in minutes.
Aloo Matar Recipe
- 6 Potato washed, peeled and chopped into four pieces
- ¾ cup Green Peas
- 2 Tomatoes cut into big pieces
- 3 Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Green Chilli roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger cut into coins
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¾ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Heat oil in pressure cooker at medium heat. Once oil is hot add tej patta and let it cook for few seconds.
- Now add cumin seeds and let them crackle. To this add whole garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add roughly chopped onions, some salt and cook till onions are slightly pink. To this add turmeric powdrer and mix well.
- Now its time to add chopped tomatoes. Give them a good stir and cook for few seconds. To this add 1/4 cup of water, mix everything.
- Close the pressure cooker and take 4-5 whistles at medium heat. Once pressure cooker is cold open the lid.
- Switch on the stove again at medium high heat and cook onions and tomatoes till they loses oil.
- With the help of spatula press all the big garlic and onions pieces so that they become mushy. When masala starts leaving oil and red chilli, coriander and garam masala.
- Mix well and add peas and chopped potatoes. Mix them well again and cook for a minute in masala.
- Now add 1 1/2 cups of water and take 1-2 whistles on medium flame. Open the lid once pressure cooker is cold.
- Again switch on the stove on medium high flame. Mush some of potato pieces with spatula. This will give nice consistency to the gravy.
- Boil aloo matar ki sabzi for a minute. Add kasoori methi, chopped coriander leaves and green chilli. Aloo matar ki sabzi is ready to serve.Enjoy with hot parathas or puris.