Quick and easy vegetable pulao recipe video in Hindi. Learn step by step delicious basmati pulao recipe with vegetables in few steps.
Mostly pulao is made in pressure cooker. Sometimes it becomes very sticky and mushy and does not taste good. This vegetable pulao is made in pan and trust me you can see each grain of rice separately.To make pulao always use best quality basmati rice. It is very important to soak rice ateast for 20 – 30 minutes after washing. this will make rice cook all the way to inside without being mushy.
Here I have shallow fried the vegetable in making vegetable pulao. This makes it more delicious. Also I have added ginger garlic, whole spices and few regular spices. The combination of these three makes pulao very flavorful and delicious.You can serve pulao with green chutney and raita or even with plane yogurt.
- 2 Onion thin sliced
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ cup Cauliflower Florets
- ½ cup Beans cut in 2 inch
- ½ cup Carrots cut in 2 inch
- 3 Potatoes cut in big pieces
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt according to taste
- ½ cup Curd
- 4 Cloves
- 8-10 Black Pepper
- 2 Small Cardamom
- 2 Big Cardamom
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks 1 inch
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Ghee
- ½ cup Oil
- 3+½ cup Water
- Wash and soak rice for 20 - 25 minutes. In a mean while chop all the veggies and keep them separately.
- Now take kadai / wok preferably non stick. Add 1/2 cup of oil and heat it. Once oil is hot add chopped potatoes and cook till they are golden brown.
- Take them out in a plate. In the same oil add cauliflower and cook till cauliflower is golden brown. Take them out in the same plate.
- In the same oil add carrots and beans. Let them turn golden brown. Transfer them in a same plate.
- Now take out some oil and leave about 1/4 cup of oil in kadai. To this add cumin seeds, whole spices and let them sizzle. Now add sliced onions, green chilli, and saute them and let them turn golden brown.
- In between add ginger garlic and cook it along with onions. Once onions are nicely roasted add turmeric powder, coriander, chilli and garam masala powder.
- Mix them for 30 seconds and add yogurt. Mix it well and add fried veggies and salt. Mix them and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add strained rice and saute it gently with veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes. After 2 minutes add 3 1/2 cups of water, mix well and check the salt. Adjust if needed. Now take one boil.
- As soon as the boil comes reduce the flame to lowest, cover the pan and cook the rice for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes mix the rice gently , cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes gently fluff the rice, add 2 tbsp of ghee. Cover the pan ad cook it again for 2 more minutes. After 2 minutes open the pan, gently fluff the rice and switch off the heat.