Meethi seviyan or sweet vermicelli recipe made in very easy way. Shahi Kimami semiyan is a sweet dessert specially popular in Ramzan. Meethe seviyan are made with sugar, seviyan, dry fruits and ghee.In making meethi sevaiyan we use normal vermicelli or seviyan what we use in making namkeen seviyan or kheer. Sheer khurma is another type of delicious dessert made from thin vermicelli and very popular during Eid. Although meethi sevaiyan ca be made for any occasion but it is most popular during Ramadan. These sweet vermicelli is damm delicious. The flavors just burst in your mouth. It’s a pure Bliss !! Crunch from nuts, sweetness from sugar and aroma of pure ghee make them irresistible. I have also posted the recipe of meethe chawal or sweet rice. This recipe is quiet similar to that. If you follow my video properly mithi seviyan will come out perfect. This sweet dessert is full of nuts and ghee. It is very good for growing up kids. It’s so much of fun making them. Do try meethe seviyan once and I am sure you will love it. Serve this delectable dessert warm or hot with a drizzle of ghee and some fine chopped nuts.
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew cut in halves
- 2 tbsp Almonds cut into halves
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cardamom
- 1.5 cup Water
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ghee for garnishing
- Red Food Colouring
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in pan and then add nuts, stir them and roast them till they are crisp and golden brown. Take them out.
- In the same pan add semiyan or vermicelli. Stir and roast till they are golden and crisp. Take them out too.
- Now add water in the same pan and boil it. As the water boils add cloves, cardamom and roasted semiyan. Cook till semiyan are soft.
- Now add sugar mix well and cook till sugar melts. Now lower down the flame cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes add red food coloring and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and 1 tsp of ghee. Meethi semiyan is ready to serve.