Veg seekh kabab recipe with step by step video recipe in Hindi. These soya seekh kabab is made with only few ingredients.When we think about seekh kababs only chicken or mutton seekh kabab comes in our mind. But these veg soya nuggets seekh kababs are made of soya chunks or nuggets as the main ingredient. They look exactly like non veg kababs. To make vegetarian seekh kababs you can use either wooden or metal skewers. Or if you don’t have both of them use pencil or chopsticks like me. Make sure to wash pencil before using. And do grease them with oil before using. I have made these soya kababs without oven. If you are non vegetarian replace soya with mince meat. I suggest to watch my video once thoroughly before making veg seekh kababs. I have shown some tricks on how to put kabab properly on skewers and at the end of the video how to give veg kababs smoky smell and taste.These are perfect for any kitty party, kids party, picnics and these disappear almost instantly.
Veg Seekh Kabab
- 2 cups Soya Nuggests
- 3-4 Green Chilli
- 3-4 tbsp Green Coriander Leaves
- 1.5 tsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 inch Ginger
- 15-16 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Onion grated
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves
- 2-3 Skewers wooden/metal
- Boil soya chunks in water for 5-10 minutes. Let them cool down. Squeeze the water and transfer the chunks in mixer jar.
- Add coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger , garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Grind to coarse paste.
- Transfer it in a mixing bowl. To this add corn flour, atta, red chilly powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, salt and a tea spoon of oil.
- Also squeeze the water out of onions and add them to mixture. Grease the skewers with little oil.
- Take generous amount of mixture and put it on skewers. Gently squeeze mixture with fingers and spread it on skewer.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in non stick pan. Take kabab out from the skewer and shallow fry them.
- Once kabas are nicely roasted take them out. Put it again on skewer and char it little bit on direct flame as shown in video.