Veg seekh kabab recipe with step by step video recipe in Hindi. When we think about seekh kababs only chicken or mutton seekh kababs comes to our mind. But these veg soya nuggets seekh kababs are made of soya chunks or nuggets as the main ingredient and few other spices. They look exactly like non-veg kababs and taste amazing.
To make vegetarian seekh kababs you can use either wooden or metal skewers or if you don’t have both of them use chopsticks like I did. I have made these soya kababs without oven. If you are a non vegetarian then just replace soya with minced meat and you can make seekh kababs of your choice. I suggest to watch my video once thoroughly before making veg seekh kababs for the best results. I have shown some tricks on how to put kababs properly on skewers and at the end of the video how to give veg kababs smoky smell and taste. These kababs are perfect for any party, picnic or potluck.
Veg Seekh Kabab
- 2 cups Soya Nuggests
- 3-4 Green Chilli
- 3-4 tbsp Green Coriander Leaves
- 1.5 tsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 inch Ginger
- 15-16 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Onion grated
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves
- 2-3 Skewers wooden/metal
- Boil soya chunks in water for 5-10 minutes. Let them cool down. Squeeze the water and transfer the chunks in mixer jar.
- Add coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger , garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Grind to coarse paste.
- Transfer it in a mixing bowl. To this add corn flour, atta, red chilly powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, salt and a tea spoon of oil.
- Also squeeze the water out of onions and add them to mixture. Grease the skewers with little oil.
- Take generous amount of mixture and put it on skewers. Gently squeeze mixture with fingers and spread it on skewer.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in non stick pan. Take kabab out from the skewer and shallow fry them.
- Once kababs are nicely roasted take them out. Put it again on skewer and char it little bit on direct flame as shown in video.