Rice balls made with . Watch step by step video recipe in Hindi to make this non fried Indian breakfast recipe. Rice balls are steamed aromatic snack which can be ready in no time. These rice balls are perfect for breakfast or tea time snacks. You can use your leftover rice to make these beauties. These rice balls are very light. It’s very mild and flavored with curry leaves, green chilly and coriander leaves. It is only tempered with mustard seeds and little oil
Rice Balls Recipe
- 1 cup Rice cooked
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Green Chilli slit
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- In a mixing bowl take rice and mash it with the help of spoon.
- Now add salt, rice flour and mix it well. Now use hands and mix rice and rice flour together.
- Add little water at a time and knead hard and smooth dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- After 5 - 10 minutes take half of the dough and make a log. Divide it in small portions.
- Roll each portion and make smooth balls. Now boil water at medium high heat. When water is boiling add rice balls.
- Do not stir them. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes. Now stir them once and let them cook for more 3-4 minutes.
- Once rice balls starts floating in water take them out. Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add green chilly and fry for few seconds. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them splatter.
- To this add rice balls, mix well and fry them for 2-3 minutes. Turn them occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve them hot with coconut chutney.
- Make rice very mushy before adding rice flour.
- Make small rice balls as they will get big in size while boiling.
- Once you drop them in boiling water do not stir them.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then stir them.
- Don't over cook them. Once done they will float in water.
- Fry them when ready to serve.