Samosa Rolls Recipe | Snack Recipe – This special samosa recipe is a twist to our regular samosa. Here I have made samosa like sticks. These samosa sticks are easy to eat and kids just love it. Samosa is a very famous snack made with different kinds of stuffing all over the world. Here I have used spicy potato filling which is my favorite one. You can even use cheese and veggie stuffing in these samosa rolls which is my kids’ favorite. Make sure to cover the stuffing properly otherwise filling will come out while frying. I really suggest to try these yummy samosa rolls for your next snack time and I am sure you will love it.
This is an ideal snack for party appetizer, tea time snack and easy one to make at home.
- 4 Potato boiled & peeled; medium size
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ cup Peas crushed
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- For making stuffing take a big bowl add all potato, fennel seeds, salt, coriander powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder, peas, coriander leaves and green chillies to it.
- Keep it aside.
- In another bowl take all purpose flour, oil and salt.
- Mix them well between your palms. Mix till you hold the mixture in fist and retain it's shape.
- Now add little water at a time and knead smooth and stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes take out the dough and knead it once again.
- Take half of the dough and roll it to a ball. Pat it little bit and roll it to a thin and big circle with the help of rolling pin.
- Use dry flour for dusting if needed. On the rolled chapati put some oil and spread it with the help od spoon.
- Sprinkle some dry flour on top and fold it in half. Again spread some oil on the upper part and sprinkle some flour.
- Fold it again and make a triangle shape as shown in video cut this triangle in three equal pieces.
- Take one piece and roll it thin and long triangle. Now take some stuffing and make a small roll of it.
- Put this roll on the wide side of triangle. Cover it properly and roll it to a thin roll.
- In the same way make all the rolls. Now heat the oil at medium high flame.
- Deep fry these samosa sticks or rolls till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Take them out and serve it hot.