Crispy, crunchy and delicious Bhujia Aloo Tikki is a perfect party starter and evening snack. These crisp kurkuri Aloo ki tikki are made with bhujia sev and potatoes with some spices. This snack can be made very quickly and also all the ingredients are generally available at home.
I ate this yummy aloo bhujia tikki at a restaurant and liked it very much. I tried it at home and it came out so delicious. Make sure you use pre-boiled potatoes and cool them before making aloo tikki. This way aloo tikki doesn’t break in oil while frying. Today I have used Haldiram’s bhujia (plain variety) but you can also use Haldiram aloo bhujia or any other bhujia from your favorite brand.
You can serve it with garlic and Tomato chutney or any other dip of your choice. For non deep fried version you can make them in appe pan too. I have also posted other snack recipes like Chilli Potato, Atta Pinwheels and Moong Dal Bhajia. Do check these recipes as well.
Follow this recipe step by step to make the perfect Bhujia Aloo Tikki at home.
Bhujia Aloo Tikki
Bhujia Aloo Tikki
- ⅔ cup Bhujia
- ½ cup Bhujia
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 6-7 Potato boiled & peeled
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ⅔ cup Corn Kernels
- Salt according to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 Green Chilli
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves roughly chopped
Bhujia Aloo Tikka
- Crush corn kernels , keep them aside, next break aloo in small pieces.
- Add bhujia, crushed corns, chilly flakes, corn flour, rice flour coriander leaves, green chilly and salt.
- Mix everything well and now take small bowl almost 1/4 cup size.
- Grease it with oil and then stuff the mixture in bowl and take it out.
- Roll it to a ball. Gently press it to make a tikki.
- Make sure aloo tikki is smooth from all the sides.
- Take 2/3 of bhujia in a plate. Crush it with your fingers.
- Roll aloo tikki in bhujia and gently press the tikki with your palms.
- This is important as bhujia will stick to the tikki and will not come out while frying.
- Deep fry bhujia aloo tikki in medium hot oil till it is crisp and golden brown.
- Grind tomatoes, coriander, green chilly , cloves and little salt to coarse mixture.
I love serving this recipe with chutney or sauce during even tea. Let me know in the comment section what you think is the best combination with this dish.
You May Also Like:
Suji Paneer Nuggets: