Hari mirch ki sabzi is a quick side dish which goes very well with rice, paratha or poori. It is a easy recipe made with very few ingredients. You can make this hari mirch ki sabzi in bulk and store it in fridge. For that store it in a air tight container and put it in fridge after it has cooled down. I have also posted simple besan vali mirch recipe. It is also a delicious side dish, a worth trying recipe. I have used tomato puree to make this hari mirch ki sabzi. To make it just chop and grind tomatoes to thin puree. Also I have used little extra oil so that this sabzi can lasts longer.
While making hari mirch ki sabzi, I have taken out seeds of half of the chillies as they were very hot. If you like more spicy you can keep the seeds. Also you can add little more salt to cut the heat of chillies. Do try it and I am sure you will love it.
Hari Mirchi Sabzi
- 18-20 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- Salt according to taste
- Wash and dry green chilly completely then slit them in two.
- Coarsely grind fennel seeds and keep them aside now heat oil at medium heat in big pan.
- Add hing, mustard, methi seeds and let mustard seeds crackle.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and mix them.
- Now add tomato puree, mix and cook till it looses oil.
- Now add fennel powder and coriander powder and give a nice stir.
- Once masala looses oil add green chillies and , mix well and cook them for a minute.
- Now cover and cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes stir the chillies and add salt.
- Mix well cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or till chillies are little soft.
- Don't forget to stir couple of times in between to avoid burning.
- After 8 minutes switch off the heat.
You may also like:
Methi Malai Matar:
Aloo Matar ki Sabji: