Learn how to make spicy baingan aloo curry. Watch brinjal curry / eggplant curry recipe video in Hindi. This Indian dum aloo baingan masala is ideal and goes very well with rice and chapati.
Baingan or brinjal is one of the common vegetable available all over the world. Here I have made dum baingan aloo which is very tasty, easy to make and full of aromatic spices. Here I have used mitti ki kadai to make them. Use can use any normal kadai to make them.
If you are brinjal lover you will surly love this recipe 🙂
- 3-4 Brinjal cut into big pieces
- 3 Potato cut into big pieces
- Salt according to taste
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- Garam Masala Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Powder
- ½ cup Mustard Oil
- 2 Onion thin sliced
- 1 Tomato roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Curd
- To make baingan masala heat kadai / wok at medium high flame and add oil.
- Once oil is hot add cut brinjal to it. Saute them and fry them till they are brown and cooked.
- Take them out in a bowl or plate. In the same oil add potatoes and fry them till they are cooked. Take them out in a same bowl.
- Take out some oil in a bowl leaving about 1/4 cup of oil in pan. Now in the same oil add cumin and fennel seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add fine sliced onions, some salt and mix it well. Now cook onions till they are brown.
- In between add ginger garlic and mix it well. Once onions are nice brown add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Mix well and add chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup of water. Now reduce the flame to medium low, cover the pan and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Saute masala after every few minutes to avoid burning. Once tomatoes are soft and masala loses oil add 1/4 cup of beaten curd.
- Mix it thoroughly to avoid curdling and also incresing the heat to medium flame. Cover the pan again and cook it for 1-2 minutes. After 1 minute add fried brinjal and potatoes.
- Mix it well and cook for a minute. Now increase the flame to full and add some water.
- Mix well and let the curry boil for a minute. After 1 minute switch off the heat and add fine chopped coriander leaves.