Crispy Chilli Potato Recipe | You may have heard of chilli chicken or chilli paneer but have you ever tried chilli potatoes? If not, then this restaurant style chilli potato recipe is a must try for you.
Potato is one of the most loved vegetables worldwide. A lot of different dishes can be made with potatoes. I have posted several potato recipes like potato pakoda, potato wedges, potato lollipops, French fries and many more. This recipe of chilli potato is an Indo-Chinese fusion recipe which is usually served as a starter or appetizer made by potatoes tossed in flavorful spices and sauces.
As an appetizer is it usually clubbed with fried rice, noodles or schezwan noodles or just by itself. This dish becomes a quick hit among kids as they are always happy with potatoes. You can serve it when your guests arrive to give a boost to your dinner parties. You can keep the fried potatoes ready upfront and just saute in spices and sauces when the guests arrive. I have also posted other fun potato recipe like Dum Aloo Baingan, Aloo Katli Sabji, Garlic Potato and many more.
So let’s go ahead with the detailed recipe.
- 3 Potato large
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 5-6 Green Chillies slit
- 3 Red Chillies chopped
- 1 Onion sliced
- ½ Capsicum sliced
- 1 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- ½ cup Water
- Cornflour Slurry Corn Flour 1 tsp,Water; ¼ cup
- Peel the potatoes, cut into four equal parts.
- Cut the parts into thick slices like French fries.
- Dip in water for 10 mins.
- In a bowl add in flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, salt. Mix well so that each wedge is coated.
- In a bowl add rice flour, corn flour, salt and add in water (small amount at a time) make a thick batter.
- Dip potato in the batter.
- Heat a pan on high flame and add oil in it.
- Drop potatoes one by one and fry till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Heat a wok and add oil, once oil is hot add in garlic, green and red chillies and mix it a bit.
- Add in onion, capsicum mix and sauté on full flame.
- Add in dark soya sauce, red chili sauce, ketchup, vinegar and mix.
- Now add in Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix.
- Now add in water and bring it to boil, once boiled add in corn flour slurry and mix well.
- Add in the potato wedges, salt and sauté a little.
- Garnish it with chopped green onion.
- If you don’t have rice flour then powder grind rice and sieve it.
- If you don’t have corn flour then use all-purpose flour.
- Use wok for market style chilli potato.
- Keep the gas on high flame always.
- If you are using light soya sauce then use more quantity.
- Use ketchup for tangy taste.