Chana Chaat is a protein-rich, healthy and tasty snack that is made with black chickpeas. Chana chaat can also be made with Kabuli chana but it tastes much better with black chickpeas. The best part of this recipe is that it can be modified according to one’s tastes. This is one of the most consumed recipes during summers as it requires no cooking and its tangy taste gives a new wave of freshness to the minds.
this recipe will remind you of the amazing train journeys that yi=ou must have had as kids. This is a very easy recipe and can also be made by beginners. I love making this recipe and this is one of the most demanded snacks in my home during summers. So let’s not waste any more time and dive straight into the recipe.
- 1 cup Black Chickpeas soaked over-night
- 1 tbsp Salt while cooking chickpeas
- 1 Potato boiled and chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- Mint Leaves torn by hands
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Ginger fine chopped
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Green Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt according to taste
- Green Chilli fine chopped; according to taste
- In a pressure cooker add black chickpeas, salt and water upto the level of chana.
- close the lid and let 2-3 whistles come.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool add potato, tomato, onion, mint leaves, black salt, red chilli powder, ginger, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, green coriander leaves, lemon juice, mustard oil.
- Now add salt, green chilli, mix everything well and serve.
- Add 1 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney if you want a sweet taste.
- Adding mustard oil is optional.