Chana Chaat Recipe | Protein Rich Diet Recipe | Street Style Chana Chaat | Filled with protein, fiber and taste this Black Chana Chaat is a super healthy snack.
Chana Chaat is a tasty and healthy snack that is made with black chickpeas. Chana chaat can also be made with Kabuli chana but this recipe tastes much better with black chickpeas. The best part of this recipe is that it can be modified according to one’s tastes. This is one of the most consumed recipes during summers in North India as it requires no cooking and its tangy taste giving new wave of freshness. This recipe reminds me of the amazing train journeys that I had as kids.
This is a very easy recipe and can also be made even by the beginners. I have also posted other healthy recipes like Kaale Chana Ka Dosa, Weightloss Soup, Moong Dal Palak Cheela and many more. Do explore them as well.
So let’s not waste any more time and dive straight into the recipe.
- 1 cup Black Chickpeas soaked over-night
- 1 tbsp Salt while cooking chickpeas
- 1 Potato boiled and chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- Mint Leaves torn by hands
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- Ginger fine chopped
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Green Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt according to taste
- Green Chilli fine chopped; according to taste
- In a pressure cooker add black chickpeas, salt and water upto the level of chana.
- close the lid and let 2-3 whistles come.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool add potato, tomato, onion, mint leaves, black salt, red chilli powder, ginger, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, green coriander leaves, lemon juice, mustard oil.
- Now add salt, green chilli, mix everything well and serve.
- Add 1 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney if you want a sweet taste.
- Adding mustard oil is optional.
This is a go dish for people who are trying to cut down calories. Let me know in the comment section how you liked the recipe.