Haryali Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish that is made with chunks of paneer marinated in mint and coriander leaves. This dish is an amazing alternative to the non-vegetarian tikkas. The preparation of this dish is done by marinating the chunks of paneer in a spicy, tangy chutney of mint, coriander and cashew nuts. Later this is cooked on a Tava, stove or grill to give it its desired smoky flavour. This dish popularly occupies the seat of Indian starters. This is a quick recipe and can be made easily if you have unannounced guests. This recipe also becomes a great party dish.
I make this dish whenever I have guests at home. This recipe can be easily made with very few ingredients and can be prepared in a jiff. This recipe is one of the most demanded dishes in my house as everyone loves the taste and the smoky flavours of this amazing dish. I have also posted other recipie of party snack likes Cheese Bread Kachori, Aloo Malai Tikki and Pizza Cups.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect, smoky party snacks. So let’s not waste time and dive straight into the recipe.
Haryali Paneer Tikka
- 1 cup Mint Leaves washed & dried
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves washed & chopped
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 2-3 Green Chilli
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 15 Cashew
- ¼ cup Curd
- Salt according to taste
- 500 grams Paneer
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- In a grinder add mint leaves, coriander leaves, chana dal, green chilli, garlic clove, ginger, cashew, curd, salt and make a thick paste of it for marination.
- Cut paneer into big cubes and put into a bowl.
- Add black pepper, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Pour the marinade and then add mustard oil.
- Mix well, coat every cube well and let it rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes carefully insert cubes in the skewers.
- In a pan pour some oil.
- Place tikka on the pan and let them cook for a while.
- After a while flip them and let it cook on the other side as well.
- Once cooked remove from pan and the take a piece of coal and place on stove directly.
- After coal is lit place it in a bowl on the pan.
- Pour some oil for smoke, cover the pan and let tikka absorb the smoke.
- After 2 minutes remove the lid and serve it hot.
- First heat the mustard oil and then cool it before putting it in.
- If using wooden skewers soak in water for 1 hour before using.
- Make sure the gas is off when you place the coal in the bowl.