Tomato Soup Recipe | Tomato Soup | Creamy Soup |
A super easy and healthy restaurant-style tomato soup and croutons recipe at home. The primary ingredient in this soup is tomato. It is usually served hot in a bowl with croutons and can be made in a variety of ways. Tomato soup is usually smooth in texture.
Want to start your dinner part with a bang then serve this amazing home-made tomato soup and make your guest gaga over your food. Tomato soup is popular in all the restaurants pan India. This soup is the most preferred dish by Indians. Especially in this chilly winter when you want your taste buds to droll over some hot food then tomato soup is the only dish that comes into the minds. This homemade tomato soup is made with the goodness of all the organic food materials and has nothing artificial added to it. From the juicy red tomatoes to the crispbread croutons there is absolutely nothing about tomato soup that a person won’t like. I have also posted other soup recipes like Weightloss Vegetable Soup, Vegetable Pasta Soup, Vegetarian Tortilla Soup and many more. So, dive into the yummylicious, easy and healthy recipe.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 4 Red Roma Tomatoes big
- 1 Carrot small
- ¼ Beetroot
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Salt according to taste
- ½ cup Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Boiling Hot Water
- Cornflour Slurry ¼ cup water + 2 tbsp cornflour
- Herb Seasoning
- Bread cut into small squares
- Add tomato, carrot, beetroot and garlic into a pressure cooker.
- Add in salt and water and cover the cooker and put it on medium flame for 5-6 whistles.
- Once cooked take a masher or a ladle and mash boiled vegetables thoroughly and then sieve it.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Add in butter, bay leaf and sieved soup and mix it well.
- Bring the soup to boil, now add in sugar, ketchup, black pepper and water.
- Let soup boil for 2-3 minutes. Now add in corn flour slurry and keep mixing and cook for 1 more minute.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sprinkle herbs. Add in bread and cook from both sides until crispy.
- Use longer tomatoes rather than round ones as round tomato are a bit sour in taste.
- Don’t add a lot of water as tomato also secretes water on cooking.
- Don’t grind the boiled vegetables because when tomato seeds grind then soup becomes a bit bitter.
- Sugar helps to reduce the sour taste of soup.
- Ketchup helps to balance the flavours.
- Always add boiling water in soup.