Bread Paratha Recipe | Paratha is one of the most common breakfasts and there are several types of parathas ranging from plain to stuffed and shallow fried to deep fried. Today I am adding another one in the list, bread paratha. If you are already wondering then let me clarify that it is no where close to the bread sandwiches or other bread recipes. It is an unique dish that can easily be made for breakfast and can help you bring a little change in your breakfast routine.
This recipe for bread paratha is easy and quick to make. Today I made it with the filling of mashed potatoes blended with Indian herbs and spices. I am sure you and your family would love this, specially the kids as this has bread and potatoes, two of the most loved ingredients by kids. You can make this paratha for breakfast or pack for lunch. In fact you may also like to try it as a filling snack too. I have also posted other fun bread recipes like cheese bread kachori, veggie bread tikka and bread egg rolls.
Follow this recipe step by step to make fun and tasty bread paratha at home. So, lets dive into the recipe.
Bread Paratha Recipe
- 1-1.5 cup Potatoes big, boiled & grated
- 1 Chilli fine chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Onion small, fine chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt according to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes
- Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl add potatoes, chillies, coriander leaves, onion, coriander powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix it well.
- Now grease hands with oil, take small size dough and make thin patties.
- Take a bread, place a big bowl on top and cut a circle out of it.
- On a rolling board spread some chilli flakes and white sesame seeds.
- Place one piece of bread on it and roll on it with gentle hands.
- Put the patties in the centre, wet outer parts of the bread with water.
- Place another rolled bread circle on it and press the sides together.
- Once you have stuck the breads roll again with gentle hands.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it and add a little butter on it and spread it well.
- Put paratha on pan and press gently and cook till crisp from down.
- Once crisp from bottom apply butter on top and flip the paratha and cook again.
- Don’t use a lot of salt because bread already contains salt.
- Save the bread side to make bread crumbs for other recipes.
- I have used sandwich bread you can use any bread of your choice.
- If your bread is breaking while rolling then cover it with wet cloth for some time.
- Make sure that the flame in on medium flame.