Chocolate cake recipe without oven. No eggs, no cream chocolate cake in pan.
Chocolate is one of the most loved edible items all around the world. It is the only item that is eaten in the form of a cake, cookie, brownie, pastry, ice cream, drunk in the form of a shake or hot chocolates. The possibilities are many, but the chocolate cake has to be favorite of all. As the name suggests the main ingredient of chocolate cake is chocolate. The shocking fact about chocolate cake is that the first mention of chocolate cake dates back to 1764. Another fun fact is that the first-time chocolate was made by grinding cocoa beans between two major circular millstones.
This chocolate cake recipe is a very unique one because this is not made in a cooker or microwave or oven this is made in a pan or kadhai which is very unorthodox because usually, you might have heard that cakes are made in either of the three mentioned above. Apart from this, another unique thing is that this recipe is made without using eggs, milk, condensed milk or curd. You can easily make this recipe and surprise your kids with their favorite cake. This is easy to make and is completely hassle-free. So, let’s take a chocolaty dip in the recipe.
Chocolate cake in a pan recipe
- 1.5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Coffee Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Take a large kadhai or pan, put a stand in centre, cover and heat it on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
Preparing the Pan
- Make sure that before making the batter you prepare the pan.
- To prepare the pan grease the pan well from ghee/oil/butter, the cover with butter paper and grease it too.
- Take a big bowl and place a sieve on top. Add all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt,baking soda and coffee and sieve it.
- In a small bowl mix together water, oil and vinegar and add it slowly to the dry ingredients and make a smooth, lump free batter.
- Use cut and fold for 10-12 times to mix everything properly. Put the batter in the pan and tap2-3 times.
- Place the pan with batter in pre-heated pan and cover. Cook on lowest flame for 35-40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes check the cake by poking it with a toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean means it is ready.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. Once cold flip it out on a plate.
- If you don’t have butter paper then sprinkle some dry all-purpose flour on it.
- Make sure you are using baking soda and not baking powder.
- Sieving is very important as it helps in the removal of lumps.
- You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- If not cooked properly then cook for a few more minutes on lowest flame.