Soft & Crunchy Coconut Cookies Recipe | With & Without Oven Recipe. Flaky, melt-in-mouth coconut cookies is a huge hit at my place. The best part of this coconut cookie recipe is that you can make it easily with or without an oven. Also this is a no milk recipe.
This recipe of coconut cookies is very simple and can be made from basic ingredients. To get the perfect cookie it is very important to whip the mixture of ghee and sugar well. For this recipe, I have used dry coconut but you can also use desiccated coconut. Also make sure that you grease your plate/baking tin properly so that cookies do not stick to the tin.
These cookies are perfect companion to masala chai. In this recipe, I am going to explain how can you can make perfect coconut cookies without using milk or water. Also this recipe of coconut cookies can be made with or without an oven. I have also posted other fun snack recipes like Crispy Papdi Chaat, Mini Aloo Kachoris, Mathri recipes. Do try them as well.
So, without wasting any more time let’s take a crunchy dip in this tasty recipe.
Coconut Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup Ghee semi solid
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dry Coconut/ Desiccated Coconut grated
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- In a bowl add ghee, sugar and mix it well. After mixing whip them together for 4-5 minutes.
- Once fluffy add wheat flour, all-purpose flour, dry/desiccated coconut, baking powder and bind everything together to make a dough.
- Divide the dough in 11-12 equal parts and make small balls of it.
- After making balls flatten the balls a little bit then coat in dry coconut from all the sides.
- After coating press the cookies gently for coating to stick on it.
Baking without Oven
- Place a cauldron/kadai on medium high heat. Put a stand in center, cover and heat for 10 minutes for preheating.
- Take a metal plate, line it with aluminum foil and grease it well with ghee.
- Place 5-6 cookies in the metal plate as cookies require space while they are cooking.
- Place the plate carefully on the stand, cover and cook on the lowest flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes flip the cookies gently, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- After 2 minutes flip them again and check if they have turned light brown.
- Once cooked turn off the heat, let the cookies rest for 10 more minutes while partially covering the cauldron.
- After 10 minutes transfer it on a netted plate and let it cool down completely.
Baking in an Oven
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and grease it well with ghee. .
- Place the cookies on it and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack
- If you are using dry coconut then remove the skin and then grate it.
- Make sure you are using baking powder and not baking soda.
- Don’t knead the dough just mix it well.
- You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- If not cooked properly then cook for a few more minutes on lowest flame.
I like having these crunchy and flaky cookies with my evening tea. Let me know in the comment section about your fun experiences with these cookies.
You May Also Like: