Aloo toast recipe or aloo masala taost sandwich is a quick and easy breakfast or snack recipe. Watch my step by step video on how to make aloo toast for breakfast and snack. I like to make fresh breakfast every day in morning. But it has to be quick, easy and healthy. This recipe of aloo toast comes out very handy whenever I have leftover potatoes in my fridge. Just assemble these toasts and cook them and fresh and healthy breakfast or snack is ready in no time. I love making sandwiches for breakfast as they are yummy and quick. I also make poha, anda paratha, pasta, kadai dhokla, vermicelli upma, suji toast for breakfast. For this I mostly do half preparation in night so that I can make them fast in morning. Talking about today’s recipe aloo toast is my mother in law’s recipe. It is one of my family favorite and a full breakfast in itself. You can add more veggies in aloo masala if you want to change the flavor. Aloo toast is also good for evening snack. Do try these aloo toast for your next breakfast or snack. And I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Aloo Masala Toast
- 3 Potato medium size, boiled
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- Salt according to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup/ Green Chutney
- 4 Bread Slices
- ½ cup tomato, cucumber, onion fine chopped
- To make paste: Take all purpose flour in a bowl. Add little salt and red chilly powder to it. Mix it well. Add little water at a time and make smooth, flowy thick batter and keep it aside.
- To make toast: Now in another bowl break potatoes in small pieces. Do not mash them completely leave some small pieces.
- To this add turmeric powder, onions, green chilly, coriander powder , coriander leaves, dry mango powder and salt. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Now take a bread piece and apply thin layer of ketchup or chutney on it. Apply generous amount of potato mixture on top of ketchup.
- On top apply thin layer of all purpose flour mixture on potato mixture. Now heat the pan at medium heat and put one spoon oil on it.
- Once oil is hot put the toast potato side down and press it gently. And now apply butter on top of bread.
- Once bread is crisp from down turn it over and let it cook from other side too. Flip it over couple of times till toast is golden brown and crisp from both side.
- Once toast is ready take it out off the pan. Cut it in four pieces. Garnish with fine chopped cucumber, onions, tomatoes. Sprinkle some lemon juice, very little salt and fine chopped coriander leaves.