This pickle is a no cooking instant pickle recipe with a mix of carrot, radish and chilli along with flavorful spices. This gajar mooli ka achar is a lip smacking recipe, You can make this pickle in just 10 minutes and it will easily last for 10-12 days. Carrots and radish both are very good for health. Since this is an instant recipe, it is easy to include it in everyday meal. Here we have used very basic and very few ingredients in making this pickle. Since lemon juice is used in this pickle recipe, make sure to use little extra salt here.
To make this instant gajar mooli ka achar try to use firm, fresh and blemish free carrots and radish. You can also use raw turmeric along with green chilli, carrots and radish in this recipe, that goes very well with this combination. I have used yellow mustard seeds as well as black mustard seeds in making gajar mooli ka achar. If you don’t have yellow mustard, you can use only black mustard seeds as well. I have also posted other tangy recipes like Mooli Mirchi Achaar, Achari Mirchi, Lemon Pickle and many more.
This instant gajar mooli ka achhar will last for 1-2 weeks in fridge and 4-5 days outside. You can enjoy it with parathas, dal rice or chapati. Do give it a try.
- 2-3 cup Carrot
- 3-4 cup Radish
- 2 Green Chilli thin sliced
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Lemon medium size
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Peel carrots and radish. Wash them thoroughly and pat them dry. Cut them in thin 1 inch pieces.
- Grind yellow and black mustard seeds to coarse powder. Take chopped carrots and radish in a mixing bowl.
- Add hing, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chilli. Also add salt, mustard oil, ground mustard and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- Instant carrot radish pickle is ready. You can eat it after 4-5 hours.
- Store it in glass bottle in fridge. Carrot pickle will last at least for 1 to 2 weeks.
You may also like:
2 Amla Chutnies: