Learn how to make spicy baingan masala curry. Watch brinjal curry / eggplant curry recipe video in Hindi. This Indian baingan masala is ideal and goes very well with rice and chapati.
- 3-4 Brinjal cut into big pieces
- 3 Potato cut into big pieces
- Salt according to taste
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- Garam Masala Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Powder
- ½ cup Mustard Oil
- 2 Onion thin sliced
- 1 Tomato roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Curd
- To make baingan masala heat kadai / wok at medium high flame and add oil.
- Once oil is hot add cut brinjal to it. Saute them and fry them till they are brown and cooked.
- Take them out in a bowl or plate. In the same oil add potatoes and fry them till they are cooked. Take them out in a same bowl.
- Take out some oil in a bowl leaving about 1/4 cup of oil in pan. Now in the same oil add cumin and fennel seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add fine sliced onions, some salt and mix it well. Now cook onions till they are brown.
- In between add ginger garlic and mix it well. Once onions are nice brown add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Mix well and add chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup of water. Now reduce the flame to medium low, cover the pan and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Saute masala after every few minutes to avoid burning. Once tomatoes are soft and masala loses oil add 1/4 cup of beaten curd.
- Mix it thoroughly to avoid curdling and also incresing the heat to medium flame. Cover the pan again and cook it for 1-2 minutes. After 1 minute add fried brinjal and potatoes.
- Mix it well and cook for a minute. Now increase the flame to full and add some water.
- Mix well and let the curry boil for a minute. After 1 minute switch off the heat and add fine chopped coriander leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!