Quick, easy tangy Soya chilli or chilli soya recipe made with soya chunks. Soya chunks or are an integral part of the Indian cuisine. These soya chilli is made with an Indo chinese touch. Soya chunks are highly consumed in our country. It is known to hold many benefits that the normal people are unaware. It should be consumed in our everyday menu ateast twice a week. Soya chunks or soya nuggets are very high in protein. The amount of protein is one bowl of soya chunks is more than that in one bowl of meat. Since it is a brilliant source of omega-3 fatty acid hence it reduces the risk of high cholesterol levels in a body.
This Indochinese dish is famous for its lip-smacking sweet and spicy flavors and is very easy to make. This recipe is quite similar to that off chilli paneer and chilli potato. This is an easy recipe. It can be made for evening snack for party appetizer. With a few tricks and tips, you can make a perfect tangy street style recipe at the comfort of your home. If you are looking for recipes made from soya chunks try this soya chilli. You will love it for sure 🙂
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Soya Chunks
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 Green Chilli chopped
- 3 Red Chilli chopped
- 10 Garlic Clove sliced
- 1 inch Ginger sliced
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Capsicum roughly chopped
- 2 Spring Onion roughly chopped
- 1.5 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ cup Water
- In a pan boil some water, add in salt and soya chunks. Boil for 3-4 minutes. Strain the water and let them cool completely. Once cold squeeze extra water with hands.
- In a bowl add in soya chunks, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste,curd, rice flour and mix it well for even coating. Heat a pan and add a little oil in it and let it heat.
- Add in soya chunks and fry till soya chunks are crispy and changes colour.
- In a pan add in oil and let it heat. Now add in green chilli, red chilli, ginger,garlic and sauté a little.
- Put in onion, capsicum, green onion and sauté a bit. Once vegies are sautéed add in soya sauce,green chilli sauce, red chilli sauce and sauté a little.
- Now add in water, mix it well and let it cometo boil. Once boiling add in fried soya chunks, salt,sprinkle some spring onion and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes for soya chunks toabsorb the sauce. After 2 minutes remove the cover and mix again.
- If you don’t have rice flour then use corn flour or maida. You can also deep fry the chunks.
- Don’t over cook the vegetables, we have to keep it crunchy.
- I have not used ketchup as red chilli sauce is a bit sweet but if you are only using green chilli sauce then you can use ketchup.
- Here we don’t use corn flour slurry as sauce will become thick and soya chunks won’t be able to absorb it.