Fresh, sweet and tasty mango jam recipe made with fresh mangoes. This homemade mango jam is a preservative free, easy to make at home recipe. Jam is a jelly-like substance that is made from pressed fruit, sugar and added preservatives. Mostly jams are cooked and preserved in airtight jars. Jam can be served with bread, pancakes, parathas or buns. It adds the right amount of sweetness and health to kickstart your morning.
As jam is really loved by my kids, I usually prefer making it at home rather than buying from market. During summers I make sure that I make mango jam when the fresh sweet mangos arriving at home. This mango jam can be made at home and stored for months in a dry glass container in a fridge. This jam is made with just three ingredients and easy to make.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect jelly like jam. Let’s just dive straight into this fruity, tasty and sweet mango jam recipe.
- 4 Mango peeled & chopped
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a grinder add chopped mangoes and make a smooth paste of it and keep it in a bowl.
- Now take a wide pan and add mango pulp in it and then add sugar in it.
- Keep the flame on medium high, add lemon juice and keep stiring well for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check the jam. For checking the jam put a small quantity on plate and check if the puree is watery if its not watery that means you jam is ready.
- Let jam rest for 2-3 minutes after 3 minutes transfer in a clean, dry air tight glass bottle.
- Always choose sweet, non fibrous mangoes to make jams.
- Do not use water while grinding the mangoes.
- Adjust sugar according to your preferance and sweetness of mango.