Mirch fry is a spicy tangy recipe where green chilli is lightly fried in spices. It can add extra spice and enhances the flavor of daily lunch or dinner. This recipe is so simple that it can be made in just 10 minutes. These fried chillies are made with very basic ingredients that are readily available at home. I prefer making this as a side dish to dal and rice when I don’t want to make any dry sabji. This can also be served with roti, paratha or even pakoras.
Apart from mirchi fry being tasty it is also healthy. Green chilli helps to balance blood sugar and improve skin condition. You can also make this dish easily at home. Just make it once and store it for a week in fridge. I like to choose less spicy chillies for this recipe but you can also choose the hot variety of chillies. If you make this once you will never forget it’s amazing chatpata taste.
I have also posted recipes of Mathri, Bread Paratha and Aloo Ke Pakode which go perfectly well with fry green chillies. Follow the recipe step by step to get the perfect, crunch and crispy fry green chilli. So let’s dive into the recipe, shall we?
- 15 Green Chilli washed & dried
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Slit all the green chillies.
- In a pan add mustard oil and let it heat a bit.
- Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, green chillies and fry them a bit.
- Next sprinkle salt and mix again.
- Once chillies are roasted a bit add coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, mix again and add lemon juice.
Follow the recipe step by step to get the perfect fry chilli and do let us know in the comments how you liked this spicy side dish.