Badam Milk is a healthy and tasty energizing summer drink that is extremely delicious and packed with proteins. This recipe can be a huge hit if your kids don’t like drinking milk. Badam milk is one of the traditional beverages that had been in the king’s kingdoms. It was traditionally served as a welcoming drink in the kingdoms. Badam milk is known for energizing your body and boost immunity.
This recipe of badam milk can be easily be made with the basic ingredients. The best part of this beverage is that once this drink is made, you can store and consume it over 2-3 days. It is very quick and easy to make. I have been making it for a long time. Badam Milk can be made both in summers and winters and can be consumed lukewarm or cold as per preference. Although many companies are selling packaged badam milk I prefer making it at home with no preservatives. I have also posted recipes of milk sharbat, masala milk and masala chai. Do try the as well.
Follow the recipe step by step to make the perfect badam milk at home. So, let’s not waste time and dive straight into the recipe.
- 30 Almonds soaked overnight
- 15 strings Saffron Strings
- 2 Small Cardamom
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour can skip if making for fast
- 1 litre Milk
- Peel the almonds and put it in a grinder.
- In the same grinder add saffron strings, small cardamom, sugar, corn flour, water and grind to make a thin paste.
- Filter out if chunks are left.
- In a pan add milk, boil on high flame.
- Once boiling reduce the flame to medium low and cook for 5-6 minutes while stirring in between.
- After 6 minutes add almond mixture, rinse the jar with with some milk and add it to the pan.
- Cook on low flame for 10 minutes or till milk gets thick.
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat and let it cool down completely while stirring it continuously.
- Store in clean dry bottle for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Don't cook the milk too much otherwise it becomes too thick in consistency.
- Sieve badam mixture after grinding.
- After switching of the heat keep stiring milk to avoid cream formation on top.
This Badam Milk also acts as an amazing refreshing summer drink. Do let us know in your comment section how was your experience with this fun summer drink.
You May Also Like: