Baingan or eggplant is one such vegetable that is mostly made with typical traditional recipes. I like brinjal or eggplant so much I prefer to make it in many different ways and keep experimenting with it. You must have heard about Kadai paneer, and inspired with that I have brought you today Kadai baingan recipe. This recipe is very quick and easy to make and can be easily made from basic home ingredients. I prefer using small purple brinjals for this recipe as they are extra tasty and fit best for Kadai Baingan recipe. One thing that is different in this recipe is that I have used curd for making masala. This recipe can be served with roti, paratha and it also tastes great with rice and pulao. You can make it for guests and parties, it looks rich on the plate. I like making this recipe on some special occasion as well. I have also posted other recipes like Kuddu ki Sabzi, Hari Mirchi ki Sabzi and Aloo Matar. Do give these recipes a try as well.
Follow this recipe of kadai baingan step by step to get the perfect result. So, let’s dive straight into this spicy and tasty recipe.
- 2 small Tomato chopped
- 8-10 Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 5 small Purple Brinjals
- 9 Small Potato washed and peeled
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ cup Water
- In a grinder add tomatoes, garlic cloves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curd and make a fine paste.
- Slit brinjals from between dividing it into 4 pieces and leave the stem intact.
- Prick the potatoes with the help of a fork.
- In a wok or kadai add oil, potatoes and brinjals and mix well.
- Cook on medium high till potatoes and brinjals are fully cooked and golden brown.
- Once the brinjal and potatoes are cooked add mustard seeds, cumin, fennel seeds and let it cook.
- Now add masala and mix well.
- Add some water in the jar, rinse and add it to the kadai.
- Add salt, mix well and cook till gravy leaves oil.
- Cover and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes lift the lid and mix the curry again.
- Add water, mix and let the gravy boil for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute turn off the heat.
Kadai Baingan tasted best when served hot and garnished with coriander leaves and chopped green chillies. I enjoy making this easy and fun recipe. Do let us know in comment section about your experience as well.
You May Also Like:
Methi malai matar
Double Dal Tadka: