Mango Ice Cream Recipe – Perfect recipe to make better than the market Mango Ice Cream at home.
Summers feel completely incomplete without the brain freezing ice creams. Though I occasionally buy ice creams from market, I prefer to make them at home when possible. Making ice creams at home assures me that they are chemical free. Specially this recipe brings in another goodness of summers – fresh mangoes. I bet this recipe will become your favorite mango ice cream going forward.
In summers I make this mango ice cream from fresh and sweet mangoes. The best part of this ice cream is that you can make it from variety of mangoes and get different taste and flavor every time. I have also posted other amazing summer recipes like Kesar Pista ice cream, cold coffee and masala milk do these out as well.
So let’s not waste any more time and dive straight into the recipe.
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Milk Powder
- 2 Mangoes chopped
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 litre Full Fat Cow Milk
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Malai/ Full Cream
- In a bowl add milk powder, corn flour and mix well.
- Now add little milk at a time to make a batter.
- In a grinder add mangoes and make a fine puree.
- In a pan add water, full fat milk and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- After 7 minutes add sugar and mix well. Once sugar dissolves add milk powder batter.
- Cook till milk thickness in consistency or for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes turn off the heat and keep on stirring till the mixture cools down a bit.
- Let the milk cool down completely and then add to the mixer with mango puree.
- Next add malai and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass container, tap to even out, cover with cling wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Once frozen garnish with tutti-frutti and serve it chilled
- If you don't have milk powder then use custard powder.
- If ice cream did not freeze completely then grind it again to make a smooth paste and freeze again.