Aloo ki Kachori is a famous crispy snack from north India. It is made and served in many different ways across various regions. Aloo kachori is generally served with spicy green chutney and sweet red chutney that add a bonus to its taste. I like making kachoris, specially during festivals or for special occasions.
This recipe is very unique, as we will not make it with traditional aloo kachori recipe. Here we will make it with a cute twist, we will make mini Aloo Kachori. Ideal for parties or just for fun time at home. I have also posted other party snack recipes like potato lollipop, Aloo Malai Tikka and Samosa Rolls and may more. Do try them as well.
So, let’s get started with this mini Aloo Kachori recipe.
Mini Aloo Kachori
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Potato boiled & mashed
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Heat a pan on slow flame and add oil in it.
- Next add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, potato, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder mix and saute well.
- Next add salt to taste and cook well till masala is dry.
- Once masala is ready, let it cool down completely and make small masala balls of it.
- In a big bowl add all-purpose flour, ghee, salt and mix well.
- Add little water at a time to knead a semi soft dough.
- After kneading cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take out the dough and knead it again.
- Divide the dough into half and make a log of it.
- Divide the log into 8-10 small dough balls.
- Roll the dough ball to make a disc like shape of it by only using hands.
- Place the stuffing in center and cover the stuffing by giving kachori modak like shape.
- Pinch the top of the kachori to make a ball of it and press gently.
- Now in a pan add oil and let it heat on low flame.
- Drop few kachoris in it and fry on low flame for some time.
- Once kachori puff up turn them over and cook till pink.
- Once kachori is of pink colour increase heat to medium and cook till light golden brown.
- Once kachori is of light golden brown turn off the heat and cook for a while.
I love making these mini aloo kachoris and they go perfectly with tea or any evening beverages. Do let us know in the comment section about your fun stories with these mini aloo kachoris.