Chai is one such thing that brings families together and we Indians can’t imagine our lives without at least ek garam chai ki pyaali. Masala chai is a type of tea that is made by boiling milk and water with a mixture of spices and herbs. Masala Chai finds its origin in India but has gained worldwide popularity by becoming part of the most preferred beverage in many households. Masala chai comes in high demand at the time of winters and monsoons. Masala chai is believed to induce heat in the body and remove harmful toxins from the body.
This famous and easy to make beverage can easily be made by using the basic spices that can be found in any household. This masala tea recipe will refresh your childhood memory by reminding your tastebuds of the amazing tea that your dadi used to make for their favourite grandchild. This is a quick recipe that can be made easily and can be easily stored for a span of 6 months.
Homemade masala chai recipe
Masala Chai Powder
- 4 tbsp Cardamom
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cloves
- 4 Large Cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon
- ½ Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Liquorish
- 1-2 tbsp Tulsi Leaves
- 2-4 strands Tulsi Seeds
- 3 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1+¼ cup Water
- 1+¼ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Tea Powder
- 1 tsp Masala Chai Powder
Masala Chai Powder
- Heat a pan on low heat. Add in cardamom, black pepper, cloves, large cardamom,cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel seeds and liquorish.
- Roast on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat off and transfer it onto a plate for cooling.
- Now roast tulsi leaves until crisp. Turn the heat off and add in tulsi seeds and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix it together with masala and let it cool. Grind and make a fine powder of it.
- At last add in dry ginger powder and mix it well.
- In a pan add in water and let it boil. Next add in milk, sugar and let it boil.
- Now add in tea leaves and masala chai powder and bring it to boil.
- Let the chai boil for a few minutes and then serve.
- Liquorish has medicinal components which helps in cough and dry throat.
- Don’t over roast as we only want to dry them so that it can be used for a longer run.
- Useful for winters as it has medicinal benefits.
- Wash and dry tulsi leaves before using.
- Store in clean and dry glass container.