No bread Sandwich Recipe | Sandwich Without Bread | A very unique breakfast recipe ideal for breakfast or evening tea.
This breadless sandwich is made from rava or suji and different types of vegetables. It can be made in gas sandwich toaster, electric sandwich toasted or even on pan. If you are making it on stove top sandwich toaster make sure to cook it on low heat so that it can be cooked all the way to inside. The batter used in making this breadless sandwich is similar to what we use for making rava appe or rava utatapam. It is necessary to add some baking soda or eno so that sandwich become nice fluffy and soft from inside. I have also posted very delicious, healthy high protein breadless moong dal sandwich. Do try that also some time 🙂
This recipe is an amazing healthy alternative to regular sandwiches. This sandwich is very filling, quick to make and will soon become your favorite. I have also posted other recipes like Chana Chaat, Double Dal Tadka, Atta Cheela and many more.
- 1 cup Suji/Rava
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum fine chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots fine chopped
- 1 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Eno
- Black Mustard Seeds
- In a large bowl add in rava, rice flour, salt, curd and mix well. Now add in water and make a smooth and thick batter out of it, whip the batter for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, capsicum, chilli, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli flakes and mix well.
- Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes mix well then add Eno (fruit salt) and mix again. In place of Eno, baking soda can also be used (half the amount of Eno).
- Take a sandwich toaster and grease it well with oil. Heat greased toaster on lowest flame and sprinkle in mustard seeds.
- Add 2-3 ladle of batter spread evenly and don’t let it overflow. Close the toaster and cook on low flame for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, flip the toaster and cook for 1 minute. Switch the side again and toast sandwich till fully cooked from both the sides.
- Adding rice flour gives the required crispiness.
- Use curd kept at normal temperature.
- Wiping helps to make sandwiches fluffy.
- Batter shouldn’t be very thick if you think batter is thick then add in water to adjust consistency.
- If you don’t have eno use mixture of 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp baking soda.
I love making these sandwiches as they are healthy and a perfect to start your day.