Dahi Mirchi Recipe or Curd Chilli Recipe is a unique side dish. This sabji is made of fresh curd and green chillis and can spice up any meal. Whenever you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen Dahi Mirchi recipe can become your savior. Dahi Mirchi is a spicy and tasty recipe which made once can be consumed over 2-3 days. Dahi Mirchi recipe is made with the basic ingredients and can be served with roti, paratha or rice as a side dish.
This recipe of dahi mirchi is very unique. I have used non-spicy chill so that I can enjoy good serving of it. If you can handle more hot chillis, you can even try them in this recipe. I have also posted other similar recipes like mirchi fry green chilli sabji Carrot Chilli Pickle and many more.
Follow this recipe step by step to make the perfect Dahi Mirchi.
Dahi Ki Mirchi
- 15-16 Green Chilli washed and slit in half
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ cup Water
- In a pan add oil and let it heat a bit.
- Once oil is little hot asafetida, cumin, fennel seed and let it cook a bit.
- Next add turmeric powder, green chillis and cook for a few minutes.
- Keep heat on medium high once texture of chillis are changing add salt and mix well.
- Next add red chilly powder, coriander powder and dry mango powder.
- Add water and mix again.
- Cover and let it cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- After 2 minutes, increase the heat to medium and add curd a little at a time white stirring continuously.
- Keep cooking till gravy gets thick.
This dish of Dahi Mirchi can be eaten with roti, kachori and rice as well. Let me know in the comment section which is the best dish to eat dahi mirchi with.