Moong dal pakode or ram laddu is a crunchy, tasty snack made with moong dal, vegetables and flavorful spices. This recipe of moong dal bhajia is made by using a combination of yellow and green moong dal to give it perfect texture. Moong dal Bhajia is crisp, spicy and fun to make.
Moong Dal is used in many recipes like Moong Dal Halwa, Moong Dal Cheela, Moong Dal Dahi Vada and many others. This recipe that I have posted today is also called Moong Dal Mangodi. You can serve this Moong Dal pakoda in morning as breakfast or as evening snack. This crispy recipe is easy and quick to make. I like making moong dal pakode for evening snacks as it goes well with tea or any evening beverage. Moong Dal Bhajia can be served as an appetizer as well. You can serve these yummy pakoras with any chutney of your choice.
Follow this recipe step by step to make perfect crispy on the outside and soft on inside Moong Dal Bhajia. So let’s dive straight into the recipe.
Moong Dal Bhajia
- ¾ cup Yellow Moong Dal
- ¾ cup Green Moong Dal
- 3-4 Green Chilli for masala
- 1 inch Ginger for masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds for masala
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds for masala
- ¾ cup Onion fine chopped
- ¾ cup Potato raw & fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a bowl add yellow and green moong dal.
- Wash and soak moong dal for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours transfer dal in a grinder and grind to paste by adding less to no water.
- Transfer dal into a mixing bowl.
- To make masala in a mortar add green chilli, ginger, coriander seeds, carom seeds and crush it well.
- In the mixing bowl add onion, potato, coriander leaves, asafoetida, salt , crushed masala and mix well.
- Whip the mixture for a minute.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop pakode in it.
- Once bit cooked from one side flip the pakoda over.
- Cook till golden brown and crisp on high flame.
This recipe of Moong Dal Bhajia is fun and easy. It tastes best when garnished with grated carrots, radish, green chutney, chaat masala and chopped coriander leaves. Do let us know in the comment section about your experience.