Atta Pinwheels Recipe | Pinwheel Samosa Recipe | Whole Wheat Flour Recipe. Crispy and super tasty atta pinwheels recipe also known as pinwheel samosa is an amazing Indian breakfast or snack recipe. Atta pinwheels are good alternate to samosa recipe as they are very quick and easy to make at home. I love to serve pinwheel samosa with spicy chatpati coriander chutney.
Though Atta Pinwheels can be made from all-purpose flour (maida) I prefer making it with whole wheat flour as it is little healthier that way. I normally stuff them with spicy potato mixture similar to what we use for making samosa but we can use any other stuffing too, just make sure that it binds well. Pinwheel samosa can be made in jiffy if you have boiled potatoes handy. Atta pinwheels can be served as breakfast, snacks or pack for munching during travels. They are good companions.
I always prefer making snacks at home rather than buying from market. As we know the ingredients we are using and is always healthier. I have also posted similar interesting breakfast recipes like Egg Tortilla Warp, Poha and Sweet French Toast. Do try them as well.
Follow this recipe step by step for the perfect Atta Pinwheels.
- Coriander leaves+ Mint Leave small bunch
- 4-5 Garlic Clove
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- Tamarind/ Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Suji/Rava/Semolina
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4 Potato boiled & mashed
- 1 tsp Green Chilli & Ginger crushed
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ cup Green Peas corasely grounded
- 3-4 tbsp Oil for cooking
- In a grinder add coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic cloves, green chilli, tamarind or lemon juice and salt.
- Now grinder everything to make a smooth paste of it.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, suji, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add oil in it, mix well.
- Next add little water at a time and knead a smooth dough.
- Apply little oil on dough, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add mashed potato, chilli & ginger paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, green peas, salt and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts, make dough ball of it and roll into a thin big circle.
- Spread a thin layer of masala over it.
- After spreading masala roll the dough from the side and pinch at the end.
- Now cut the log into 1/2 inch pieces and then press gently in between palms.
- To cook atta pinwheel in a pan add oil and once oil is little hot add pinwheels in it.
- Flip and cook till crisp.
This recipe has been there in my family from a long time. I hope you have fun making and eating the yummy Pinwheel recipe. Let us know in the comment section about your fun experience.