Matka Kulfi Recipe| Matka Malai Kulfi | No Mawa Matka Malai Kulfi recipe. Made with the basic ingredients like bread, milk and malai this matka malai kulfi is super easy to make and extremely tasty. This matka kulfi is made without condensed milk, mawa or khoya.
There is nothing better than rich, creamy and chilled kulfi in summer to soothe the heat and what is better than the traditional Matka Malai Kulfi. Traditionally matka kulfi is made with khoya or mawa and thickened milk. That process takes very long time and hard work. To cut the process short here I have used bread which gives desired thickness and texture to kulfi and also make the process faster. You can use wheat bread or white bread according to your choice in this recipe. Also I have used full fat milk for better taste. Instead of store bought cream I have used home made malai for creamy texture. I have made Matka Kulfi in Kesar Pista flavor but it can also be made in other flavors like rose, elaychi as well.
While making matka kulfi make sure that the mixture is not over cooked as it gets too thick after cooling down. After filling the cups make sure to cover them with cling wrap or aluminum foil to avoid ice crystals formation. Freeze them overnight for best taste.
To get the perfect Matka Malai Kulfi, follow the recipe step by step. So let’s dive straight into the recipe.
Matka Malai Kulfi (no mawa recipe)
- 3 White Bread Slices sides removes
- 15 Almonds
- 15 Cashew
- 5-7 Saffron strings
- 3 cup Full Fat Cow Milk boiled
- ¼ cup Malai/Cream optional
- Pistachio fine chopped
- ½ cup Sugar adjust according to taste
- In a grinder add bread by breaking into small pieces.
- Next add almonds, cashew, saffron strings and grind to make fine powder.
- In a pan add milk, mix and cook well on medium high for 7-8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes add malai/cream and mix well.
- Next slowly add bread mixture and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium, add chopped pistas, sugar and mix well.
- Cook mixture till you achieve the desired consistency.
- Turn of the heat but keep stirring till mixture is cold.
- Now fill generous amount of mixture in containers.
- Tap a little and garnish with chopped pista & saffron strings.
Serve this delicious recipe chilled. I enjoy making this quick recipe. Do let me know in the comment section about your experiences.