Make Thandai drink in just 5 minutes with this Thandai Powder Recipe. This recipe of thandai powder is a special blend of dry fruits and spices that gives plain boring milk the most needed kick. This powder can also be added to milk or topped as garnishing on your desserts. The best part of this powder is its richness in taste and flavor.
Mostly thandai is made by soaking nuts and spices overnight and then grinding. That process takes lots of time and it’s difficult to make everyday. This recipe makes the whole process easier. As you don’t have to soak the nuts and grind them everyday. The best part about this recipe is that once the powder is made, thandai can easily be made within minutes. Thandai powder is a great way to boost immunity and gives quick strength. This powder can be made once and stored for a long time. In summers when you don’t want to have evening tea due to the scorching heat you can switch to this quick and easy mouthwatering thandai.
Follow this recipe step by step to make this perfect summer drink. So let’s dive into the recipe.
- 1 cup Almonds
- ½ cup Muskmelon Seeds/ Watermelon Seeds
- ¼ cup Pistachio unsalted
- ¼ cup Cashew
- 1 Spoon Sugar
- ¼ cup Fennel Seeds
- ¼ cup Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper Corn
- 25-30 Small Cardamom
- ½ tsp Saffron Strings
- 2 tbsp Rose Petals
- 1 Spoon Sugar
- In a grinder add almonds, muskmelon seeds, pista, cashew, sugar and grind to make fine powder of it.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Now in the same grinder add fennel seeds, poppy seeds, black pepper corn, small cardamom, saffron strings and rose petals.
- Add sugar to it and grind to make fine powder of it.
- Mix the two mixtures well and let it dry for 2 hours.
- Store in clean dry glass bottle for 2-3 months.
How to make thandai from thandai powder?
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp thandai powder, 1 spoon sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Soak for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- After 2 hours transfer into a glass, add chilled milk ice cubes and garnish with rose petals.
You can drink this thandai daily. I had a lot of fun making this recipe. Do let me know about your experience in the comment section.
You May Also Like:
Mango Ice Cream: