Instant Dosa Powder Mix Recipe | 10 minutes Dosa Recipe | MTR Dosa Pre mix. Instant dosa recipe from dosa pre-mix made from urad dal, rice flour and methi seeds.
Now you don’t have to wait for a whole day process for delicious dosa. Make and store this MTR dosa powder like dosa powder at home and make dosa within 10 minutes whenever you want. This recipe of dosa powder is very easy and quick to make. This dosa powder can be stored for about 2 months in the fridge without going bad.
It is very easy to prepare dosa from this dosa powder. Just add curd, water and little baking soda or eno to this powder and make crispy dosas. Please follow the instructions properly for the perfect results. The texture and taste of this instant dosa is slightly different from normal dosa but very tasty. If you are looking for quick breakfast it can be a wonderful option. I like serving this simple and tasty dosa with chutney. This dosa can also be served as masala dosa with aloo masala filling. In this recipe, we do not wash dals as we are making powder. To clean dals, we just wipe them so that there is no moisture and dust.
I have also posted a few other quick, easy and instant recipes like Instant Kulfi, Instant Carrot Radish Chilli Pickel and Instant Rava Uthappam. Do try them as well.
Follow this recipe step by step and with a few trick and tips to make this yummy dosa powder at home. So, let’s take a delicious dip in the recipe.
- ¾ cup Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Sugar
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Rice Flours
Dosa Batter from Dosa Powder
- 1 cup Dosa Powder
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- In a dry towel add urad dal and wipe it well.
- Heat a pan on low heat, add dal and fenugreek seeds.
- Dry roast on medium flame for 2 minutes to remove all of the moisture.
- Transfer dal into a bowl to cool down.
- Once dal is cool, in a grinder add dal and sugar and make a fine powder of it.
- Now sieve in powdered dal, all-purpose flour, salt and rice flour.
- Mix everything well and store in a clean dry glass bottle in the fridge.
HOW TO MAKE DOSA FROM DOSA POWDER?
- To make batter take dosa powder in a bowl and add in curd and mix well.
- Add water little bit at a time to make a smooth yet thick batter.
- After mixing add baking soda, mix well and you batter is ready.
- Heat a pan on high flame, clean it once with mixture of oil and water.
- Pour one full ladle of batter in center and spread gently in one direction.
- After dosa is a bit cooked apply some oil/ghee to it and let it cook.
- Once you see brown spots coming on dosa means dosa is ready.
- Don’t wash dal as we have to make powder of it.
- Make sure you make fine powder to avoid lumps.
- Cleaning with oil and water mixture helps tava to act as a non-stick tava.
- If using non-stick tava you can skip this step.
I make sure that I always wipe the tava with mixture of oil and water to make tava non-stick. Let us know in the comment section about your some favorite dosa tricks.
You May Also Like:
Whole Wheat Dosa: