Kaale Chane ka Dosa Recipe | High Protein Chickpea Dosa Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe | Kala Chana dosa or black chickpea dosa is an Indian style chickpea crepes which is rich in protein, very tasty and healthy.
Dosa is an integral part of Indian cuisine and is made for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are many ways to make it apart from the most common method of making it with rice and urad dal ground and fermented overnight. In this recipe, I am going to make dosa by using chickpeas and rice. Once batter is made their is not need to ferment it. You can make crispy dosas instantly.
This chickpea dosa is very easy to make. Make sure to soak chickpea overnight for better digestion. Add only required amount of water while grinding the batter. If batter becomes very thin dosas will not come out crisp. I have also posted recipe of spicy red chutney which makes this dosa even more special. If you are looking for some high protein diet recipes these dosas are ideal for you. I have topped these dosas with fine chopped onions, tomatoes and beetroots. This makes chickpea dosa even more healthier and tastier. You can enjoy these kale chane ke dose with coconut chutney, carrot chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
Follow this recipe step by step and you can make these crisp dosa in just ten minutes. So, let’s take a delicious dip in the recipe.
Kale Chane Ke Dose
- 1 cup Kala Chana
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 Green Chilli
- 4 Dry Red Chillies soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Tamarind
- 2 tbsp Onion
- 8 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana
- In a grinder add red chillies, coriander seeds,tamarind, onion, garlic cloves, roasted chana, water and salt. Grind to paste and keep aside.
- Wash and soak rice and kala chana separately overnight.
- Transfer chana into a grinder add, cumin seeds, ginger, chilli, water and grind to paste.
- Transfer paste into a bowl.
- In the same jar add rice, grind it and transfer in the same bowl.
- Now add salt and mix everything well.
- Keep the consistency as dosa batter.
- Take an iron or a non-stick pan.
- Wipe it with mixture of oil and water.
- Take 1 ladle of batter and pour in the center.
- Spread it quick and thin on a low flame.
- Increase the flame to full after spreading and let it cook for a while.
- After a while apply chutney on it, add grated beetroot, grated onion, tomato, coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some salt and oil and gently press vegetable with a spatula and serve it hot.