Chilli Bhajji Recipe | Mirchi Bhajji Recipe | Mirapakaya Bajji |Spicy, crispy, tasty and stuffed with delicious filling this chilli bhajji is a famous street food. These fritters taste perfect with a combination of tamarind chutney, coriander chutney and radish salad.
These chilli bhajjis are made with thick and long green chillies. These green chillies are less spicy and make the best bhajji. Make sure to remove the seeds and pith before stuffing them, otherwise mirchi bhajji may have pungent taste or be too hot. For this recipe I have used the most basic ingredients mostly available at home. For the stuffing of chilli bhajji I have used boiled potato with masalas but you can also fry pototo masala for the stuffing. Make sure gram flour water is very smooth and little thick so that it can be coated well on chillis. Since I have used big size chillis here I have put the batter in a glass to help coat them better. It is very easy to dip and coat chiilis in batter this way.
Chilli bhajji is a great evening snack and can be enjoyed with masala chai or just like that. Do make the spicy chatpati chutney posted here for the amazing combination. I have also posted many other snacks recipes like Potato Lollipop, Suji Cutlets, Chutney Bombs. Do browse them as well.
So, without wasting any more time let’s dive in.
- 2 cups Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Potatoes boiled, peeled & mashed
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tps Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
For Chilli Mirchi
- 7-10 Green Chilli big ones
- ¼ cup Tamarind Juice
- Coriander leaves + Mint Leave
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- ⅛ tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a bowl add gram flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Next add little water at a time and make a semi thick batter.
- Next add baking soda mix well and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add potatoes, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, black salt, cumin powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mash and mix well together.
- Slit the chillies and remove the seeds.
- Stuff the stuffing in between the green chillies generously.
- Fill 3/4 of a glass with batter.
- Dip the chilli properly and coat it well with batter.
- In a pan heat oil on medium high and splatter it with oil.
- Cook til crisp and golden brown.
- In a grinder add tamarind water, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, chaat masala, black salt, sugar and white salt.
- Grind to make a fine chutney.
If I am making chilli bhajji I must have tamarind chutney with it. Let me know in the comment section with what you would love to serve this bhajji.
You May Also Like:
Crispy Karela Chaat:
Bread Atta Tikki: