Mooli Mirchi Ka Achaar | Mooli Ka Achaar Recipe | Radish Chilli Pickle | Langar Aala Achaar | Mooli mirchi ka achaar or radish chilli pickle recipe with very easy and simple steps. Spicy, tangy and super delicious Radish and Chilli pickle. This is an instant pickle recipe. You can store this radish chilli pickle in a clean, dry glass container for 2 to 3 weeks.
This achar or pickle is similar to the pickle you get at langar in Gurudwaras. It is made with very few ingredients mostly available at home. It’s a very quick and easy recipe and you can start eating the same day you make it. Here make sure to use fresh spotless chillies and radish to make this pickle. I have removed seeds of half of the chillies but you can also keep it if you prefer hot pickles. Since radish holds lot of water, just make sure that before making pickle they are completely dry. I have used yellow mustard in this recipe, if it’s not available black mustard can also be use. Once pickle is ready make sure to store it in dry glass bottle and keep it in fridge for longer shelf life.
I like serving this pickle with rotis and parathas. I have also posted other pickle recipes like lemon pickle & gajar mooli ka achaar.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect instant mooli ka achar.
Mooli Ka Achar
- 4-5 Radish washed and dried
- 12-14 Green Chilli washed and dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Corn
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ cup Mustard Oil
- ¼ cup Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar/ Lemon Juice
- Slit the chillies in half and deseed them.
- Peel and cut radish into circles.
- Transfer radish into a bowl, add salt mix well and let it rest for 1 hour.
- In a mortar add yellow mustard seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper corn, fenugreek seeds grind to make a coarse powder.
- After 1 hour drain all water from the radish spread on cloth and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Now in a pan add mustard oil, heat till oil starts to fume and then turn off the heat.
- Let the oil cool down a bit and then add masala mixture, asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well and let it cook a bit.
- Once masala is cooked add radish, chillies and salt.
- Let the pickle cool down completely add vinegar and mix well.
- Store the achar in clean glass dry container secure it with a cloth on top and keep in sunlight for a few days for 1-2 hours for better taste.
I love serving this pickle with roti and parathas. This pickle can be consumed instantly as well as can be kept in sunlight and then consumed later. Let me know in the comment section how did you like this instant radish pickle.
You May Also Like: