How To Make a Healthy & Tasty Recipe of Quinoa at Home | Healthy Indian style quinoa recipe made with curd and garnished with yummy tadka. This curd quinoa recipe is inspired by curd rice recipe which is very common dish from South India. I learned this curd quinoa recipe from my very dear friend Usha. She makes awesome curd quinoa. Here it is my version of her quinoa recipe. Quinoa is considered as a super food and is one of the healthiest foods on earth. It is rich in protein, high in fiber, gluten free and is overall rich in nutrients. Resent studies suggest quinoa is helpful in decreasing obesity, diabetes and save you from cardiovascular diseases. Well this is not what I say, but experts say. As far as I am concerned I would like to make it in most delicious ways so we can enjoy it more often, and one of them is this curd quinoa. Today we are going to cook curd quinoa in three parts. First we will cook quinoa then we will make tadka and at the end we will mix everything to make delicious curd quinoa.
Cooking quinoa is very easy just like we cook rice. First wash quinoa three-four times. Put the quinoa in medium low heat with double amount of water and cook it covered for 18-20 minutes. When quinoa is cooked you will see it has become translucent and soft. From my experience I noticed quinoa becomes almost three times of its original size after cooking well. When quinoa is ready you can make mostly everything that can be made with rice like quinoa pulao, quinoa upma, quinoa pudding, quinoa patties or this curd quinoa.
Once quinoa is cooked, I prepared tadka and mixed quinoa, curd, tadka, veggies and roasted peanuts together. You can also experiment with variety of veggies and nuts like grated carrots, fine chopped spinach, roasted cashew nuts etc. They all taste yummy in curd quinoa.
I like to make curd quinoa at least an hour before serving it so that everything mingles together and gives curd quinoa a nice flavor. If you are looking for more healthy recipes you may like curd sandwich, shahi poha, vegetable soup.
So, without wasting any more time let’s dive in.
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 4 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Black Gram
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 1 cup Curd
- ½ tsp Cucumber fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Wash quinoa 3-4 times or till water runs clear. Heat pan at medium low heat. Add washed quinoa and 1 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook it at medium low heat for about 18-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes switch off the heat and move the pan away from the heat. In another pan heat ½ tsp of oil and roast peanuts till they become brown and crispy.
- Transfer peanuts in a bowl. In the same pan heat butter. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilly, curry leaves, chana dal, urad dal.
- Sauté continuously and fry till dals become nice golden brown and you can smell the spices. Once done keep the tadka aside.
- Whisk the yogurt till it becomes smooth and creamy. In a mixing bowl take cooked quinoa and add curd, peanuts, cucumber, tadka, salt and mix everything together.
- Curd quinoa is ready to serve. Garnish it with fine chopped coriander leaves.
Curd quinoa is one of my favorite breakfasts. Let me know in the comment section how did you like this simple recipe.