Red Chutney Recipe for Idli & Dosa | How To Make Chutney For Masala Dosa | Next time when you make dosa, do make this red chutney too. This red chutney will help you enhance the taste of your dosa many folds.
Red chutney for idli and dosa is made from basic ingredients and is very tasty. This is one of the go to chutney recipe for me. To make this chutney it is very important to maintain the ratio of onion to tomato. I have used 2 onions and 4 tomatoes in this recipe. To grind this chutney make sure to not add any water as this chutney is kept thick. To get it a richer color you can add little kashmiri red chilli powder. I love adding tadkas to my chutneys as they help in enhancing the taste even more.
I make and refrigerate this chutney for 3-4 days. I love to serve it with dosa, idli and rice. I have also posted some similar recipes which you may also try, like Instant Dosa Powder, Rava Uttapam, Wheat Dosa and many more. Let us know in the comment section about what are your favorite chutneys.
Red Chutney For Idli & Dosa
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana Dal
- 8-10 Garlic Clove
- ½ inch Ginger
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 Onion fine chopped
- 4 Tomatoes fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- In a pan add oil and let it heat a bit.
- Next add roasted chana dal and roast for 30 seconds.
- Now add garlic cloves, ginger, dry red chillies and roast for 30 seconds.
- Next add onion and cook till onion is pinkish in colour.
- Once pink add tomatoes, salt cover and cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Next turn off the heat let it cool down completely and grind to make a fine paste of it without using water.
- In a small pan add oil and let it heat.
- Then add asafoetida mustard seeds and let it splatter.
- Once seeds begin to splatter turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Add the hot tadka to the chutney.
You May Also Like: