Cabbage Pakoda Recipe | Cabbage Pakora Bhaji Recipe | Crispy, crunchy and tasty cabbage pakoda is one of my favorite rainy season snack. The taste of this pakoda multiplies when served with chatpati chutney.
Cabbage pakora or pakoda is a deep fried gluten free snacks. This cabbage pakoda is made from gram flour, cabbage and some basic Indian spices. Fried cabbage has a very aromatic , delicious flavor that’s why it’s often used in street food like Manchurian, fried rice and mix veg pakoras.
Pakora is a popular type of snack around the world. You can find different types of pakoras coming from different regions. They are made in different ways with different vegetables and spices, but mostly the basics of making pakoras remains the same. For most of the pakoras you need to start with making pakora batter which is simple process. Just add mix of spices and water to gram flour and make a smooth and lump free batter. After that add mix of veggies based on what pakoda is getting prepared.
In this cabbage pakora recipe sliced onions are added along with sliced cabbage which gives this pakoda a very nice taste and crisp texture. I have also added some crushed raw peanuts to give it extra crunch. You can serve these pakoras with tomato ketchup too, but for more authentic taste I prefer to serve them with coriander chutney posted along with these cabbage bhajji recipe.
- Mint Leaves handful
- Coriander Leaves handful
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tbsp Black Salt
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 2-3 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Cabbage washed and thin sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1-2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ½ cup Gram Flour
- ¼ cup Rice Flour
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ½ cup Peanuts crushed
- Oil to fry pakoras
- In a grinder add mint leaves, coriander leaves, roasted chana, cumin powder, black salt, green chillies , garlic cloves, salt and lemon juice.
- Grind to make fine chutney.
- In a bowl add cabbage, onion, salt squeeze and mix well.
- Keep cabbage and onion aside for a while to let water drain.
- In the same bowl add turmeric powder, carom seeds, cumin seeds, chilli flakes, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, gram flour and rice flour.
- Now squeeze and mix everything well. Later adjust the consistency accordingly by adding gram flour and rice flour.
- Next add coriander leaves, crushed ground nuts and mix well.
- Now heat a pan with oil on medium high and add pakoras in it.
- Fry till crispy and golden brown in colour.
I also like making these pakoras like tikkis. I love serving them with chatpati chutney. Let me know in the comment section how did you like this crispy pakora.