Lauki Chilka Chutney | Bottle Gourd Peel Chutney Recipe | Sorakaya Pachadi Recipe: You must have tried many different dishes of Lauki (bottle gourd) but have you ever tried this chutney made from the peels of bottle gourd?
Lauki peel chutney is a recipe which has existed in India from decades. I love making this chatni as it results in no waste. This recipe is quick to make and can be served with parathas, rotis or puris. Bottle gourd is one of those vegetables that is packed with literally so many benefits that you can’t even list completely. Here I have explained in detail how to make Lauki Chilka Chutney or Bottle Gourd Peel Chutney in easiest and tastiest way.
This is a very unique recipe as you won’t find a lot of people making this recipe. Do give this unique recipe a try. I have also posted other similar recipes like peanut chutneyOnion Chutney & veg kurma recipe. Do try them as well.
So, let’s not waste any more time and dive into this yummy recipe.
- 1 Lauki small
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 2-3 Garlic Clove
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 tbsp Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- Wash and peel the bottle gourd and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan on medium low heat and add oil.
- Once oil is a little hot add chana dal, urad dal and saute on low flame for 1 minute.
- After one minute add cumin seeds and increase heat to medium.
- Now add green chilli, garlic, asafetida and let it fry.
- Now add bottle gourd peel and fry it.
- Add salt and cook till the peel turns extremely soft, once soft turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool transfer everything into a grinder, now add tamarind pulp, grated coconut, water and make a thick paste of it.
- In the tadka pan add oil and let it heat.
- Now add red chilli and let it fry a bit.
- Add mustard seeds and turn off the heat.
- Now add curry leaves and put the tadka on chutney.
Do let us know in comments about how did you like this recipe.