Moong Dal Nuggets | Moong Dal Cutlet | High Protein Breakfast: Healthy, tasty and protein rich moong dal breakfast is a go-to dish whenever I am looking for something filling and tasty.
Moong dal cutlet or moong dal nuggets is a snack made with moong dal or green gram lentil. For this snack, you can find most of the ingredients easily available at home. Moong Dal is the main ingredient in numerous recipes like Moong Dal Halwa, Moong Dal Cheela, Moong Dal Dahi Vada and numerous others.
You can serve these moong dal cutlets in the morning as breakfast or as an evening nibble. I have also posted other breakfast recipes like Kaale Chaana Dosa, Atta Cheela, Bread Egg Rolls and many more. Do try them as well. I love serving these crispy snacks with various chutney, pickles and dips. Let me know in the comment section how would you like to serve these moong dal cutlets.
Moong dal nasta
- ¾ cup Yellow Moong Dal washed
- 2 Bread Slices grinded
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- In a bowl add moong dal and soak for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours drain the remaining water and transfer dal to a cooking pan.
- Add water to the pan next add salt and cook dal on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes strain the dal and let it cool down completely.
- Now transfer dal into a grinder but keep 3 tbsp dal aside.
- Now make a coarse paste of the dal.
- Transfer both dal into a bowl add bread crumbs.
- Next add onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves, dry mango powder, chilli flakes, chaat masala, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and corn flour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and mix well with hands making a dough of it.
- Now add water and knead it again.
- Now grease hands with oil and make a smooth patty of any shape and size.
- Now heat oil on medium flame and drop patties in it.
- Shallow fry till crispy from both the sides.