Mix Veg Dal Bhajji Recipe | Mixed Vegetable Dal Pakoda | Dal Pakora Recipe | Crispy, crunchy and tasty Mix Veg Dal Bhaji is a famous Indian street style snack which can be made quickly with basic home ingredients and super tasty in taste.
Mix Veg Dal Bhajji is a deep fried gluten free snack. Key ingredients of this dal bhajji are mix of vegetables, dal (lentil) and some basic spices. For this recipe we will not use gram flour (besan) which is typically used in making pakoda, rather we will use yellow moong dal which gives them typical taste and texture. I have used few vegetables in making these pakoras. You can also add other vegetable of your choice to personalize the taste of these yummy snacks.
Usually I serve pakoda with different chutneys like Raw Mango Chutney, Onion Chutney or Tangy Green Chutneys. Apart from this you can also find many pakora recipes on my page like Egg Pakora, Aloo Pakora, Onion Pakora and many more. Do explore them as well.
Veg Moong Dal Bhajji
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- ½ inch Ginger
- 1 Potato fine chopped
- 1 Brinjal fine chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 1 Big Green Chilli fine chopped
- Spinach fine chopped
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds crushed
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds crushed
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds crushed
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds crushed
- In a bowl wash and soak yellow moong dal for minimum 4 hours.
- Sieve the water from dal and put dal into a grinder.
- Now add green chilli, red chilli powder and ginger.
- Grind everything to make a thick paste of it.
- In a big bowl add the paste of dal and whip for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add carom seeds, crushed fennel seeds, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds.
- Now add chopped veggies, salt and give it a good mix.
- Take a pan and heat oil on medium high flame and check with the help of a toothpick.
- Drop small size pakodas in the oil and after a while reduce the flame to medium.
- Turn occasionally till it becomes crisp from all the sides.
- Don’t use water as the paste needs to be thick.
- If you eat garlic then add garlic to the grinder too.
Serve this pakora with green chutney or red chutney. Let me know in the comment section with which chutney you like this bhajji.