Moong Dal Twisties Snack | Moong Dal Nimki Recipe | Moong Dal Twisties is an instant snack that is a crispy, crunchy and delicious snack. I have given it the name of twisties due to its unique shape.
Moong Dal Twisties is a healthy snack that can be served with evening tea or snacks to kids. You can make these twisties and store them for couple of months. Moong Dal Twisties or Moong Dal Namak Pare is a huge hit among my friends and family.
Moong dal is one such ingredient that has many health benefits. I have also posted several moong dal recipes which are also must-try like Moong dal Bhajia, Moong Ki Dal, Moong Dal Dahi Vada and many others. Serve this dish with chutney or any dip of your choice. Let me know in the comment section how you liked this crispy recipe.
To make this snack crispy and crunchy you need to follow the recipe step by step. I have also posted other crunchy snack recipes like Pizza Cups, Pizza Samosa, Atta Pinwheels, Masala Peanuts and many other.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect Moong Dal Twisties.
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal washed & soaked for 4 hours
- 1 cup Water
- 2.5 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Oil
- In a cooker add dal, salt, water cover and cook on medium flame for 2-3 whistles.
- Once dal is cooked let it cool down completely.
- Once cooled transfer into a bowl add wheat flour, cumin seeds, red chili flakes, dry mango powder, nigella seeds, turmeric powder, carom seeds, asafoetida, salt, oil and mix well.
- Once mixed add little water at a time and make a semi soft but smooth dough.
- Once dough is done rub oil on palm and grease dough with oil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Take one portion cover and keep the rest aside.
- Roll the dough ball into a chapati and cut it into strips and slit from the center as well.
- Take one strip and twist it gently.
- Heat oil on medium low heat and drop the twisties into it.
- Fry till golden brown and crisp once almost cooked increase the heat to give color.