Garlic Chutney Recipe | Lehsun ki Chutney | Spicy and delicious garlic chutney made from garlic and red chillies. This red hot spicy lehsun ki chutney can enhance the taste of just about any snack or meal.
This garlic chutney is super tasty and can be prepared within 20 -25 minutes. It elevates the flavors of any meal or snack instantly. I love this lasan ki chatni as it is spicy, bright in color, quick and easy, delicious and can be stored for long time. To make this lehsan ki chatni I have used hot variety of chillies so I have removed the seeds of half of the chillies to reduce the heat a little. Here we can also use whole dry kashmiri lal mirch as they give nice color and are not very hot.
Traditionally chutney used to be prepared on stone grinder called sil-batta that used to squeeze the juice out of all the ingredients. But in today’s kitchen that is not easily possible, so we will go with our handy grinder machine. In this recipe, it is very important to add good amount of oil while grinding the chutney as it preserves garlic chutney for long time and also enhances the taste. Also make sure to grind it smooth for the perfect taste.
This red garlic chutney pairs up well with snacks and a lot of Indian breakfasts like dosa, idli, upma, vada pav and many more. This garlic chutney is the same chutney that the bhelpuri wala adds to make bhelpuri spicy. This simple chutney is the right example of magic in Indian spices.
- 1 cup Dry Red Chillies
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Garlic Clove peeled
- ½ inch Ginger sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Tamarind
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- In a pan add dry red chillies and dry roast it completely.
- Now in the same pan ad oil and let it heat completely.
- Once the oil is hot keep aside 3/4 of the oil in a bowl.
- Now in the oil left in the pan add garlic cloves, ginger and roast till garlic in pinkish.
- Once garlic is pink add cumin seed, coriander seeds, tamarind and roast for a few minutes.
- Next add salt, asafoetida and mix well.
- Once everything is roasted turn off the heat and add roasted chillies.
- Next add kashmiri red chilli powder mix and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool transfer everything into a grinder and then add little heated oil at a time.
- Next grind it mix and add oil to adjust the consistency.
- Once grinded store in a clean dry glass bottle.
This chutney does not spoil for a whole month, enjoy with your favorite snacks. Let me know in the comment section with which dish do you like to serve this garlic chutney best.