Oats Uttapam Recipe | How to make Vegetable Oats Uttapam | Instant Oats Uttapam | These oats uttapam are very healthy, loaded with veggies and very delicious. Try this oats uttapam recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner and serve with some spicy chutney of your choice.
Uttapam is famous south Indian breakfast. It is traditionally made with fermenting ground rice and dal which is a long process and also time consuming. This process of making oats uttapam is super quick. It does not require any soaking or grinding and can be made in minutes.
I have also posted the recipe of bread uttapam which is also instant uttapam recipe. These both uttapam recipes are instant, easy to make, very healthy and yummy. But in taste they are both very different from each other. My kids love oats uttapam so much that I make them at least once a week. I serve them either with coconut chutney or mint chutney.
Oats is considered as one of the super foods across the world. I like to include it in my everyday meal in many ways. Usually I make oats idlis, oats cutlets, oatmeal and definitely these oats uttapam. Oats uttapam recipe is very simple. Just grind the oats, mix them with rava and yogurt and make a thick batter. Finally mix veggies of your choice (I like to use capsicum, tomato, carrots, cabbage, green onions, and green beans) and add some seasoning. Uttapams are ready to be cooked.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Upma
- ½ cup Thick Curd
- ½ tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- ¼ cup Cumin Seeds
- 1¼ cup Water
- ½ cup Green Onion fine chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum fine chopped
- ½ cup Carrot grated
- Grind the oats to powder and transfer it in a bowl.
- To these oats add rava, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curd.
- Now add little water at a time and make a smooth batter.
- Now add vegetables, salt and mix the batter again.
- Once the batter is ready heat the pan at medium heat. Grease the pan with little oil.
- Pour little batter at a time and make small size uttapams. You can make 3-4 uttapams at a time depending on the size of pan.
- Cook uttapams from both the side till they are properly cooked. Press them gently with spatula while cooking.
- Once uttapam is cooked properly serve them with our favorite dip.
This is a super easy and healthy breakfast recipe which will help you to kickstart your day just right. Let us know in the comment section about your favorite breakfast.
You May Also Like: