Carrot Chutney Recipe | Gajar ki Chutney ki Recipe | Carrot chutney is a very different kind of chutney specially made for idli, dosa or vadas.
My friend Usha introduced me to carrot chutney and loved it so much that I eventually included it in my regular menu. It is very quick, healthy, delicious and made with very less ingredients. It has very lovely color which makes it very appetizing.
You can eat this carrot chutney with rice, vada, uttapam or even with parathas. Sometimes when I am in hurry or lazy and don’t want to prepare sambar, this chutney comes out very handy. You can store the leftover chutney in fridge. It will remain fresh for few days.
In Indian Cuisine chutney is made in many ways. Most famous are green coriander chutney, mint chutney, sweet and sour chutney, peanut chutney, capsicum chutney, onion tomato chutney to name a few.
In this recipe, I have added dry red chilies which makes this chutney little spicy. You can reduce the number of chilies if you like. I have not added tamarind but you can also add little amount of that too if you prefer. Do try this yummy carrot chutney for your next meal.
- ¾ cup Carrot grated
- ½ cup Coconut grated
- 1½ tsp Urad Dal
- 2-3 Dry Red Chillies
- Peanuts optional
- 1 Garlic
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- Heat pan at medium low heat. Add 1 tsp of oil.
- Now add urad dal, chilies and garlic. Roast till urad dal is light brown in color.
- Transfer it in a bowl and let it cool down.
- In the same pan add carrots and roast it for few minutes or till it becomes little dry.
- Now take a mixy jar and add urad dal mixture, carrots, coconut, salt and little water.
- Grind to paste and transfer in a bowl.
- Heat the pan and add oil.
- Once oil is hot enough add mustard seeds and urad dal and roast for some time.
- Now add curry leaves and switch off the heat. Put this hot tadka on chutney.
I like to serve this chutney with hot parathas and snacks. Let us know in the comment section with which dish would you love to serve this chutney.
You May Also Like:
Dahi ki Chutney: