Parwal Aloo Sabji Recipe | Masala Parwal Aloo | Parwal (pointed gourd) is one such ingredient that is not very popular among young ones. Same goes in my family too. But every time I make it with this recipe I manage to get it finished all. This recipe of Masala Aloo Parwal is very delicious and easy, perfect to include in your regular meal menu.
Masala Parwal Aloo is made in many ways but I like to make it with this method as it ensures that flavours of spices go all the way inside parwal and aloo that gives an uniform taste. You can serve this sabji with roti, paratha or rice. This recipe is a perfect for lunch and dinner. I mostly make this sabzi when parwal arrive fresh in the market. I have also posted other interesting sabji recipes like Lehsuni Aloo Matar, Dum Aloo, Kathal Ki Sabzi. You may like to explore these as well.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect recipe.
Masala Parwal Aloo
- ¼ cup Oil
- 7-8 Parwal cut into 4 parts
- 3 Potatoes chopped in big pieces
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks small
- 1 Big Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Onion sliced
- 8-10 Garlic Clove crushed
- ½ inch Ginger crushed
- 3 Tomatoes fine chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1-1.5 cups Water
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- In a cooker add oil and let it heat a bit.
- Once hot add parwal, potatoes and fry for some time.
- Once cooked a bit take it out in a plate.
- In the same oil add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, big cardamom, cloves, black pepper corn, cumin seeds, onion and cook till onion is golden brown.
- Next add crushed garlic cloves & ginger and cook again.
- Once onion is golden brown add tomatoes, salt mix well and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Next add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder mix wand cook for a minute.
- Next add water mix well and cook the masala in it.
- Once masala is cooked add fried parwal and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add water mix well, cover with lid and cook till 2 whistles on high flame.
- After 2 whistles turn off the heat and remove the lid o0nce cooker is cool.
- Add garam masala, coriander leaves and mix well.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.