Poha Kachori Recipe with Video | Khasta Kachori Recipe | Poha kachori is a crispy snack made from beaten or flattened rice (poha). It’s an easy recipe. I made it in two parts, first I made base for the outer cover by mixing potatoes and bread pieces, and then I made stuffing with beaten rice (poha), roasted peanuts and spices. After that I stuffed poha mixture in the kachori base and deep fried the same.
These crispy, tasty poha kachoris are amazing appetizer. I learnt this recipe of Poha kachori from my Mami. She used to make this snack whenever I used to visit to her place.
There are few things to remember to make poha kachori successfully:
- Make sure to use only white or yellow potatoes for making kachori base otherwise kachories may break while frying.
- Do remember to seal the kachoris properly after stuffing to avoid spillage while frying.
- The oil should not be very hot while deep frying otherwise kachoris will only get cooked from outside and would remain raw from inside.
This recipe of Poha kachori is a huge hit in parties and potlucks. I have also posted other poha recipes like Poha Rolls, Chivda, Shahi Poha and many more. Do try them as well. This recipe is made from the most basic ingredients and can be prepared in just a few minutes. If you are looking for more party appetizers, you may also check out Soya Crispies, Moong Dal Nuggets, Crispy Aloo Pakora, Cabbage Pakora and many more in my snacks section of this blog.
- 2 Potato boiled & grated
- 4-5 Bread Slices broken into small pieces
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ cup Poha soaked in little water
- ¼ cup Roasted Peanut crushed
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ¼ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 Green Chilli crushed
- ½ inch Ginger crushed
- 2 tbsp Thick Curd
- In a bowl add potatoes, bread, chilli flakes, salt and knead to make a smooth dough.
- In a bowl add poha, roasted peanut, coriander leaves, onion, green chilli, ginger, thick curd, salt and mix well.
- Now make small lemon sized balls of the stuffing using hands.
- Grease hands with oil, take a small portion of dough in palm and flatten with your hands to make a circle.
- Place the stuffing in between and cover it from all the sides.
- Gently roll it again in between your palms to smooth it out.
- In a pan heat oil and drop kachoris in it and splatter oil on top it.
- Turn the kachori couple of times till crisp and golden brown.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.